Friday, November 21, 2014

Week 7

It might be that what I am going to write about does not fit here in the Webskill course ... but it's all been part of my week!

First of all, I must admit, it is not at all connected to the course! It's all about my family and ...

I was supposed to show the Webuest to my Ss on Friday, but I didn't. I was supposed to study and read a lot for the course this week as well but I didn't. I was supposed to collect all the emails for Gordana because I am really interested in the excahange of the emails - but I didn't.

Because by baby girl (not even a baby anymore - she is 20 months now) got ill on Tuesday. My husband stayed at home with her on Wednesday but then in the afternoon had to leave for Marseille, France on a business trip in the afternoon so I stayed with her on Thursday and Friday. He's coming back tomorrow night.

So I stayed at home with Ana, reading stories to her, listening to children's music, cooking, cleaning and just being a mum. I needed years to learn to only be a mom. Not to worry about how people at work will handle thing without me. I needed years to be able to stay at home with my child with no bad feelings, no regrets that I am not working when my child is sick ... I also have  a 6-year-old daughter ...

... so this week I am being a mom and I love it! I am having fun with my two daughters and I love it! My older girl goes to school so I do have to take her to school in the morning, but I pick her up right after she's done with classes at midday!  - for a change she doesn't have to stay there until 3.30in the afternoon!

Ana has had temperature since Tuesday and hopefully she'll be fine tomorrow! I'll try to catch up the course materials tomorrow - if not, everything will still be waiting for me on Monday! :)

I'm also looking forward to tomorrow night - I have a 20th universary of finishing primary school (either junior prom or valedictory ball according to the dictionary) and I know I'll have a great time - chatting, dancing, seeing old friends! :)

Also, today's my birthday! I turned 35! In the last couple of weeks I hardly found any time for myself. So in the morning I decided it was going to be my day today! Ana felt well in the morning so  I went into the basement and ran for 30 min on a treadmill (is that even the right Word? I found it in the dictionary - in the meantime she was playing and looking at me) and while she was sleeping I went to sauna (I am lucky to own an infra one at home). During the day I was spending time with her, cuddling and resting and while she was sleeping in the afternoon, my older daughter and I had a bath. It was a blast. In the evening, I opened a bottle of wine and had a glass by myself and had a long talk with my friend that called me to say all the best for my birthday.

I am now ready to go to bed, looking forward to spend tomorrow with my girls and waiting for my husband to come back in the evening ...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janja,

    Happy birthday, lots of luck and happiness!

    Hope Ana is better. Take care of her! I am a mother of three children. So I undestand your feelings. In fact we are overloaded with work and always dreaming to spend more time with our nearest and dearest.

    Good luck and happy birthday again!
    Marina,
    Kyrgyzstan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Janja!!! :)

    This has probably been one of the best posts I have read since we started bloging in the course.

    Hope Ana gets well soon! I am a mother of two (Dunja-4 and Ognjen-2.5) so I know how you feel on all the points you mentioned.

    I'm so glad you are actually enjoying the week at home with your kids. And as you have said: all the obligations will still be waiting for you on Monday :)

    Best,
    Gordana from Serbia

    P.S.
    Don't worry about collecting the e-mails for Pen Pal. It will also be waiting for you on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janja,

    Happy Birthday!!

    I loved reading your post! :) Yes, sometimes the workload is too much to cope up with. We definitely need to let down our hair once in a while.

    I hope Ana is keeping well now. Give her my best wishes!

    For you, I send a truckload of joy and happiness! Enjoy!!

    Sharmila from India

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janja

    Happy Birthday!!!!

    I hope Ana is doing better now.

    I loved your post. It is the best one I read so far in this course.
    You talked about life and there is nothing more important than family and the people we love. As you said, it sometimes take us a long time to find that out.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Virginia, Uruguay

    ReplyDelete