Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 6

Attending this course has made me think about using the technology more!

Getting an overhead projector into my classroom in September has given me the opportunity to start using it even more!

So I started and have used the PowerPoint presentation to teach grammar twice so far. Both times, I used it to teach grammar, once the verb to be and once the verb have got, both in the same classes, in the 6th classes.

It was absolutely great! I loved it, because everything was prepared in advance at home (and I had less work in the classroom) and secondly, because my Ss had fun, they loved the pictures and loved the idea of learning through a ppt presentation! They asked to learn grammar in the same way more often now!

I am looking forward to presenting Webquest into the 9th class! I've explained the idea but unfortunatelly the computer laboratory was full this week and I've made a reservation for next Friday! Can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janja,

    It was great to know that we are introducing WebQuests in the same class - Grade 9! I will look forward to knowing your experience next week.

    Best of luck,
    Sharmila from India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janja
    It was wonderful to read your post about Week 6. Your experience of using PowerPoint to teach grammar and children having fun in the class is really great. All the best for your presenting WebQuest to the 9th class.

    Great experience and excellent post!

    Best
    Sasi Raj from India

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janja!

    I'm so glad you overcame the problems with posting on your blog! It's a pleasure to regularly read your posts.

    Great that your students and you are all experiencing the benefits of using technology in classes. I also cannot wait for the next Friday to hear about your WebQuest experience.

    Wish you all the best!

    Gordana from Serbia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful weekly reflection, Janja! I had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading it. I LOVE hearing how technology your students are responding to technology. I have no doubt that they will enjoy and benefit from Webquest. Your teaching and their learning has been forever changed!

    ReplyDelete