Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week 5

... to be written :) - just chenking if it works ...

I've been having some problems writing this blog lately, but with Courtney's help, I've managed to solve the issue! :) I am so happy about it! It was a bit frustrating though but it seems as I'm learning all the time which adds value to this course.
I was supposed to learn about blogging at the beginning of this course but still, if it handn't been for that problem,  I wouldn't have learned about lon in/log out thing and I might have problems later, when Courtney is not around any more ...

A lot of new things appeared in week 5 ... especially rubrics and webquests. I have never heard of the two things before and I will definetely read more about both of them. Webquest seem very interesting for Ss and rubrics seem very useful for the teacher ... I'll explore both of them in details next week when I have a bit more time ...

Enjoy learning!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janja,

    I am very happy that you managed to resolve the problem.

    As for rubrics you definitely have to carry on with it.
    RubyStar has a lot to offer for quick and convinient rubric creation. There is a room to create a new rubric almost for every assignments and task. The advantages are evident both for instructors and learners.

    Keep going! Hugs.
    Marina,
    Kyrgyzstan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janja,

      As Marina, I'm also glad you can now post in your blog without problems, and also you could learn new things from week 5 readings and tasks. PBL, rubrics and assessment are all very useful for teachers and students, and WebQuest is a good tool to motivate students and encourage collaborative learning. Unfortunately, I have been very short of time this week and couldn't create my WebQuest, but surely, I'll also explore it more next week and create one.

      Happy discovering more!
      Ravaka from Madagascar

      Delete
  2. HI Janja,
    I read your blog .the problem is similar with me.To say the truth as you I haven't heard about rubric and webquest .Any how I created it and found it a useful tool to motivate and make the students interested in subject matter.
    Best wishes
    Kalpana from Nepal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rubrics and webquests are excellent for language learning and assessment. They can be seen as time-consuming tasks at the beginning, when you are creating them; but as soon as you have them ready, you may use and recycle them many times.
    Best wishes,
    Evelyn from Venezuela

    ReplyDelete